Shipping of heavy equipment
BBC Cargo Services is one of the many larger shipments we've transported. In addition, one of our most recent projects was transporting a 60,000lb semi truck to more than 200 destinations.
So if you are planning on shipping heavy equipment overseas, we are well equipped to handle any type of shipment through all stages of the process.
Shipping Oversized Cargo
Shipping oversized cargo is a matter of detail, proper planning, execution and the cost will depend on the actual size of the freight, machinery or heavy equipment being transported.
BBC Cargo for internat transportation Services provide Air Freight, Sea Freight, Land Freight, Furniture Transport, Logistics, Packaging, Storage and door to door cargo services for many destinationes around the world as Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Kuwait, Iraq, Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, Sudan, Libya, Turkey, Asia , Africa and more than 200 destinationes around the world.
So what is considered oversize freight? Well, simply put it's any cargo that doesn't fit inside a 40 foot shipping container.
Some machinery and equipment are just too wide, too tall or too long to fit the standard specifications for a container service.
Trying to figure out whether your cargo will fit requires knowing the standard shipping container dimensions as well as that of the cargo.
Most common large shipments consist of:
- Light Aircraft
- Motorhomes, RVs
What Is ‘Heavy Equipment’ In Regards to Shipping?
Shipping heavy equipment is a difficult process that requires attention to detail, experience in hauling, and the right tools and pieces of equipment to get it transported safely. This is usually an undertaking for the professionals to oversee. The process of shipping heavy equipment will vary depending on the types of equipment being transported.
Hire a transport company that is experienced in shipping heavy equipment. Find a few with great reputations and call them up for more information. Make sure they can handle the delivery of the equipment or oversized cargo that you wish to transport. They’ll need all the right transport technology and tools to even deliver your cargo. From there, you’ll want to collect and compare quotes from those that are certain they can transport your heavy equipment.
Types of Heavy Equipment Often Shipped
- Farm equipment
- Hydraulic forklifts
- Heavy industrial tools
- Construction machinery
- Used or inoperable machinery
- Heavy trucks
- Engineering equipment
There’s no possible way to transport such heavy equipment and machinery without haulers and state-of-the-art shipping technology. Oversized or heavy cargo need to be cared for cautiously during the entire delivery process. One mistake could cause injury to those conducting the transport or to anyone on the road.
The Most Common Ways to Ship Heavy Equipment
- Roll-On/Roll-Off – The RO/RO method is a popular and inexpensive way to ship heavy equipment overseas to another nation. A flatbed ship is the vessel used but there are some height and weight restrictions.
- Flat Rack Shipping – This method delivers boats, RVs and other pieces of heavy equipment on a flat rack. This open-air method is favorable due to its cheaper shipping rates and ability to transport all kinds of equipment, machinery and large, heavy motor vehicles.
- Container Shipping – If the equipment you’re transporting can fit into a shipping container then you may want this service for more protection. Since it is sheltered in the container, it stays safe from poor weather conditions and other outside elements that may harm it.
- Lift-On/Lift-Off – The LO/LO method is best used for shipping non-operable vehicles, engines, farm equipment, and other types of heavy equipment. A crane lifts the cargo and places it atop a ship or flatbed trailer.
Of course, the professionals will help you decide what shipping method is best for your equipment. They may need to customize the shipping process to ensure a safe delivery.
- 1- Full documentation and insurance services.
- 2- Customs clearance.
- 3- Warehouse space.
- 4- We ensure that the quickest.
- 5- Further transportation as required.